Quinoa Sesame SaladJuly 18, 2020
Corn SaladAugust 1, 2020
Healthy chicken lettuce wraps make for an easy and low carb Asian inspired dinner that your whole family will love! One of our favorite clean eating dishes to serve for a crowd!
- · 1lb ground chicken
- 1 small yellow onion, diced · 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger paste/fresh ginger
- 1.5 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion, more for topping
- 1/2 cup diced water chestnuts
- 1 large head of butter lettuce or cabbage leaves
- In a large sauce pan, heat olive oil. Add onion and saute until mostly cooked.
- Add in garlic and ginger for one minute, then add in ground chicken.
- Allow chicken to cook almost all the way through, and while chicken is cooking prepare sauce.
- In a bowl, whisk together sesame oil, sriracha, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and hoisin sauce.
- Add in the sauce to the chicken and reduce heat to let simmer.
- Stir in diced green onion and water chestnuts and allow sauce to thicken.
- Once thickened, remove from heat.
- Wash and dry butter lettuce leaves.
- Add about 1/3 cup chicken mixture to each butter leaf and add toppings.
- Store remainder in fridge for up to five days.
Add peanuts, sesame seeds, sriracha, green onion for topping*
Serve in a cabbage cup!
Recipe by Erin Morissey