Healthy Tips for a Happy HalloweenOctober 29, 2019
Vegan Creamy Carrot & Apple SoupNovember 9, 2019
The weather may be getting cooler but before we break out the crock pots let’s enjoy this salmon cobb salad!
When you see a rainbow of colors on your plate you know you are feeding yourself right! Great for meal prep as you can make ahead and bring for lunch or have ready for dinner, just add the dressing right before you are ready to eat!
Salmon is full of Omega 3 & 6 which is good fat and helps to fight inflammation in the body. Not a salmon fan you can always swap for chicken or chickpeas.
Full Recipe Here!
- 1 lb. skinless salmon fillets
- 3 cups fresh green beans, trimmed and chopped into bite size pieces
- avocado oil cooking spray
- 8 cups chopped lettuce of choice, I prefer Romaine for this
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 large avocados, chopped
- 6 slices cooked nitrate-free bacon, chopped or crumbled
- a handful of fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted olives, halved
- 4 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsps white wine vinegar, or apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsps fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp chopped fresh dill
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste about 1/4 teaspoon each
- Whisk all dressing ingredients in a small bowl or jar and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place a steamer basket into a medium stockpan half-filled with boiling water. Add in green beans, cover, and steam just until crisp-tender, 4 minutes. Drain and cool (I like to place them into an ice bath to immediately stop cooking and to keep them green).
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees f. and line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
- Place your salmon on the prepared baking tray and season with sea salt and pepper. Spray with cooking spray, then bake for 10-12 minutes or until flaky.
- Once the salmon is done, allow it to cool, then flake it with a fork.
- To assemble your salad, add lettuce onto a large serving platter or bowl.
- Add remaining Cobb layers as shown: flaked salmon, avocado, tomatoes, boiled eggs, green beans, olives, bacon, and dill.
- Remove dressing from your fridge, the whisk to combine again.
- Serve your cobb salad drizzled with lemony dressing and enjoy!
**original post from www.cleanfoodcrush.com