Heart Healthy Avocado PuddingFebruary 2, 2020
February Recovery: Cryotherapy/Cold TherapyFebruary 14, 2020
A veggie stir fry might be your go-to when you’re grabbing dinner with some friends and want to grab something super yummy, but it’s usually drenched in oil. Not always the best option when it comes to cholesteral and heart health, because of the saturated fats.
But have no fear! This super quick veggie stir fry recipe is delicious, nutritious, and oil free!
It’s also perfect for those days when you don’t have a lot of time to cook, so you need something quick to whip together.
- 1/2 cup, dry basmati rice (or grain of your choice)
- 2 cups frozen stir fry veggie mix
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded cabbage mix (love the one from Trader Joe’s!)
- Of course you can add any veggies you like in your stir fry! These are just my go-to. Some green peas are also nice.
For the sauce:
- 1.5 Tbsp almond butter (Once again, Trader Joe’s coming in hot with the raw almond butter)
- 2 Tsp coconut aminos
- Seasoning to taste: So here’s the thing with the seasoning, you definitely want chipotle powder, but then it gets fun. My secret ingredients to making this taste superb are Trader Joe’s (here we are again) 21 Seasoning Solute and Trader Joe’s Everything Bagel Seasoning. If you happen to not have these two, some garlic and onion powder will do just fine.
- Water, enough to reach desired sauce consistency
- Rinse 1/2 cup of Basmati rice, and place in a pot with 1 cup of water. Cook on high until it starts to boil, then bring down to low and cover for about 15 minutes.
- Place all veggies into a pan and pour in about a centimeter of water. Cover pan and let steam.
- In the meantime mix all the sauce ingredients together.
- Once the veggies have cooked, uncover and let them brown a little before turning off the heat.
- Pour the sauce onto the veggies and mix.
- Then serve the veggies and rice together and enjoy!