Sicilian SaladJune 20, 2020
Tostadas- With Mushroom “Meat”July 5, 2020
What better time than now to visit your local farmer’s market and pick up some fresh fruit and veggies?
This easy recipe will pack a punch full of flavor, with some veggies that might not always be your go-to.
- 1 1/4 lbs kohlrabi bulbs, peeled
- 1/2 tsp grated lime zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs kale (2 bunches), stems and center ribs discarded
- 5 garlic gloves, minced
- 1/3 cup salted, roasted pistachios, chopped
- Using a mandolin or very sharp knife, thinly slice the kohlrabi.
- Whisk together the lime zest and juice, 2 Tbsp of olive oil, and 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Toss kohlrabi with dressing. Set aside.
- Chop the kale.
- Heat the remaining 2 Tbsp of the olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, saute the garlic until pale golden, about 30 seconds.
- Add chopped kale by the handful, turning and stirring with tongs and adding more kale as volume in skillet reduces.
- When all of kale is wilted, saute with 1/2 tsp of sea salt for an additional 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and cool to room temperature.
- Toss kale with kohlrabi and pistachios.