Tuna TartareAugust 22, 2020
Turkey MeatloafSeptember 5, 2020
We get it, not everyone is a sweet breakfast kind of person! If your tastebuds are more savory, this will be one of your favorite breakfast dishes!
- 2 cups all purpose flour (or gluten free flour of choice, we like quinoa)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons organic sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup cold vegan butter (we like Miyokos)
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄3 cup white onion, diced
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons vegan creamer (we like Califia Farms)
- 1 sprig green onion, chopped thin 1⁄4 cup chives, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup vegan cream cheese (we like Treeline and Miyokos)
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder until uniform.
- Cut in the cold vegan butter, and mix until it’s unevenly clumped in.
- Mix in the red bell pepper and onion, then slowly pour in 1 cup of the creamer. Knead the dough together with you hands until the flour is fully mixed in and soft.
- Divide dough into 8 sections and pat down on parchment lined baking tray into circles approximately 2” wide x 1⁄4” tall. Place the tray into the freezer and chill for 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and form small indentations into the dough.
- Scoop 1⁄2-1 tablespoon of cream cheese onto 4 of the pieces. Take the other 4 pieces without the cream cheese, place on top, and merge both halves of the dough together to completely seal in the cream cheese.
- Brush the top of each scone with a thin layer of the remaining vegan creamer, then place into the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow the scones to cool before serving and enjoy!