Simple Sushi BowlFebruary 16, 2020
Is Coffee Good For You?February 26, 2020
Happy National Margarita Day everyone! When made properly, a margarita is one of the most refreshing and satisfying drinks you’ll ever have! This skinny margarita recipe will definitely be one of your go-to drinks, especially with the warmer months coming.
The fresh citrus, tequila, and natural sweetener in this recipe make it the star that it is. Although the amounts of each ingredient will be provided here, you are of course, more than welcome, to adjust to your taste preference!
Ingredients for One Margarita
- Kosher salt — & lime wedge, to rim the glass
- 1 1/2 ounces silver tequila — about 3 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice — about 1 large or 1 1/2 small limes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice — about 1/2 medium orange
- 1 teaspoon light agave nectar or pure maple syrup — add 2 if you prefer a sweeter margarita
- Rim the glass: Pour a thin layer of salt onto a small plate. Rub a lime wedge around the top edge of your glass to moisten it, then dip the glass into the salt so that it sticks, tapping all the way around. Fill the glass with ice and set aside.
- For one (or two) drinks: fill a small cocktail shaker with additional ice. Add the tequila, lime juice, orange juice, and agave. Tightly close and shake vigorously for at least 30 seconds (it’s longer than you think). Strain into the rimmed glass over the ice. Enjoy immediately.
- For a pitcher: In the bottom of a pitcher, stir together the tequila, lime juice, orange juice, and agave (do not add ice to the pitcher). Serve immediately (prepare the glasses as in Step 1) or place a sheet of plastic wrap over the top of the pitcher and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
And as always, remember to enjoy margaritas in moderation and hydrate before sips!